In accordance with the Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) Fastway and its employees and franchisees abide by, and adhere to, the procedures outlined in this document as a Registered Postal Provider under section 38 of the Communications Regulation (Postal Services) Act (2011), relating to the obligations imposed on such providers by Section 43 of the 2011 Act.
The purpose of this document is to offer guidance to those employed or franchised by Fastway in relation to the standards advised by the Commission for Communications Regulation, specifically satisfying the requirement outlines in Section 43 of the 2011 Act requiring that — (1) Every postal service provider shall draw up and implement a code of practice setting out procedures, standards and policies with respect to the handling of complaints from postal service users, in particular, complaints relating to loss, theft, damage or quality of service, and such a code of practice shall make provision for the following matters—
- the first point of contact for complainants,
- a means of recording complaints,
- a time frame within which the postal service provider concerned shall respond to complaints,
- procedures for resolving disputes,
- remedies and redress, including reimbursement or compensation, or both, as appropriate,
- procedures for determining where responsibility lies in cases where more than one postal service provider is involved,
- retention of records of complaints for such period, of not less than one year, as the Commission may specify following the resolution of the complaint, including —
- copies of the complaint and any response thereto, and
- any determination in respect of the complaint and any documentation considered in the course of such determination, and
- any other matters the Commission considers necessary and appropriate to secure effective protection for postal service users.