When we talk about “Fastway Couriers”, or “us” or “we” in this Statement, we are referring to Parcel Connect Limited T/A Fastway Couriers Ireland. We respect your privacy, so you can rest assured we will never share or disclose your personal information without your prior knowledge.
Fastway Couriers ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us.
In the following, we explain what information Fastway Couriers collect when you visit our website and how this information is used. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy should be read in conjunction with the general terms and conditions of this website.
What is personal data?
When we mention ‘personal data', we are referring to your identifiable information, such as your name, address, email, phone number, payment information, bank account details, support queries, and community comments. This policy does not apply if you cannot be identified, i.e., your personal data has been aggregated, and therefore, anonymised.
The information we collect is used to provide you with the services you requested, and it is only used in the process of carrying out pickup and delivery activities.
Data Protection PrinciplesWe shall perform our responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- Obtain and process information fairly and only as required to carry out contractual obligations.
- Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit, and lawful purposes.
- Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keep it safe and secure.
- Keep it accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Ensure it is adequate, relevant, and not excessive.
- Retain it for no longer than is necessary.
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to that individual, on request.
Information We May Collect From You
We only collect the personal data necessary to carry out contractual services requested by you, or via a third party. We do not collect personal data that we do not need. Fastway Couriers may collect and process any information that you provide by filling in forms or consenting to our Cookies on our websites www.fastway.ie and www.parcelconnect.ie, or any other information you provide through engaging with our services such as:
- Your name,
- Your address,
- Your phone number(s),
- Your email address,
- Your bank details.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use solely for research and service improvement purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We also receive personal data from third parties, contracted on your behalf, to carry out parcel delivery and pick-up services. This data is transferred from the third party for the purpose of contractual obligations.
Use And Disclosure Of Information
Fastway Couriers collects and processes the personal data described above for a variety of purposes.
Below is a summary of these purposes and the lawful justifications for such processing, as required by data protection law:
- Performance of contract, such as,
- the fulfilment of your order,
- to send you delivery notifications, transactional, and reminder communications,
- Legitimate business interest, such as,
- to provide information on the Fastway Couriers services, - to review our performance, and service quality by sending you review invitation emails from a trusted third-party service provider
- to safeguard against and identify fraudulent claims, liabilities, and other criminal activities,
- to maintain, evaluate, administer legal compliance,
- Please note that you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interest.
- Lawful Compliance, such as,
- to fulfil our legal obligations by providing information to Revenue Commissioners, customs authorities, or law enforcement authorities.
- To send you marketing communications about products and services that you might be interested in from Fastway Couriers and from our trusted third-party partners.
Who do we share your data with?
To provide you with any of the services requested by you, disclosure of your personal data will necessarily be made to:
- Other members of the Fastway Couriers Network.
- Independent third parties who are licensed to operate as Fastway Couriers.
- Independent third parties who are authorised to act as agents of Fastway Couriers.
- To notify you relating to changes to our service.
- Banks and financial institutions.
- GPS coordinates service providers.
- Custom’s clearance agents working on behalf of Fastway Couriers.
- Online Payments service providers and on-site payment service providers.
- Email and SMS notification service providers.
- IT service providers for the maintenance of the Fastway Couriers and Parcel Connect sites and services.
- Direct marketing service providers such as Trustpilot.
- Legal Advisors.
- Revenue Commissioners, customs authorities, or law enforcement authorities (including An Garda Síochána).
Other than as set out above, we will not share your information with third parties unless where one of the following criteria are met:
- The performance of a contract with you, or
- Where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they are not overridden by your rights (such as new product or services), or • In accordance with a legal obligation, or
- Where we have your consent. Fastway Couriers will hold data as required by law (including that of any jurisdiction to which we provide carriage services), or to apply our terms and conditions (including our Conditions of Carriage).
No other disclosure of Data will be made to third parties for those third parties' own purposes or use.
Data may be legitimately given to Fastway Couriers, their agents, or other third parties for the legitimate purposes as described above. This may include the transfer of data to other jurisdictions for processing (in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018). In these circumstances, you can rest assured that we have adequate contractual and technical safeguards in place to protect your Data. All such processing will take place in full compliance with all applicable laws.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Fastway Couriers takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. We frequently update our anti-virus software to protect our systems from computer viruses. Further, all Fastway Couriers employees are required, as a condition of employment, to treat personal information held by Fastway Couriers as confidential. Nevertheless, the internet itself is not a secure environment, and consequently, Fastway Couriers cannot protect your personal data before we receive it.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations 2018 to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). The EEA currently comprises the Member states of the European Union plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein.
Fastway Couriers uses secure servers to securely store all personal information provided to us, and payment transactions are encrypted using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. Nevertheless, information transmission across the Internet is not entirely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when being transmitted to our website via the internet, and doing so is at your own risk. However, once your information has been received by Fastway Couriers, we will follow strict procedures and security protocols to prevent unauthorised access.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, you have certain rights with respect to your personal data. Below is an overview of your rights:
- Access. To request a copy of the personal data we have collected about you by contacting us.
- Rectification & Erasure. To request that we rectify or delete any of the personal data about you that is incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary, or outdated.
- Objection. To object, at any time, to the use of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Restriction of Processing. To request the restriction of processing of personal data about you for certain reasons, such as, for example, if you consider the personal data, that we have collected about you to be inaccurate, or you have objected to the processing and the existence of legitimate grounds for processing is still under consideration.
- Data Portability. To request and receive the personal data we have collected about you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable form.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. To withdraw your consent at any time, when the processing of your personal data is solely based on your consent, and not for any other legitimate interest. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal, including processing related to existing contracts for our products and services.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with a DPA. Should you believe that our processing of your personal data is not in keeping with the applicable data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory data protection authority (“DPA”).
To exercise any of the above-listed rights, please contact us as set forth below and provide sufficient details so that we can respond appropriately within one month. Requests will be processed in accordance with applicable law, and we will need to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request before we can address such a request.
How to contact the appropriate Data Protection Authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Fastway Couriers has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact either the Data Protection Commission (Ireland) or Information Commissioners Office (UK).
Privacy policies of other websites
Changes to Our Policy
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
We will retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterward where we have an ongoing business need to retain it. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
Types of Cookies
When you use the www.fastway.ie website the following types of cookies can be set on your device:
- Strictly necessary cookies enable services that you have specifically asked for. Without these cookies, the full functionality of this website may not be available to you. These cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information.
- Statistics cookies are used to collect statistical information about visitors to the website and the pages they view. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and used anonymously. We use these cookies to understand what content is popular which helps us to improve our website.
- Functional cookies allow the website to remember the choices you make and provide enhanced and more personal features. Some examples of such features include:
- Remembering your preferences and settings such as redirect to mobile version of the site when you are browsing with a smartphone.
- Remembering when you have inputted information on our website so that you do not do this more than once during your visit.
- If you have an account on our website, a cookie on your computer lets us remember your username and email address so you do not have to enter it again when you are re-ordering services.
- Marketing cookies are cookies or any other form of local storage, used to create user profiles to display advertising or to track the user on this website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.
If you choose to block all cookies, you may experience difficulty when using some of our online services. Some website functionality may not perform as intended, your preferences will not be stored, and you may not receive advertisements about offers that would be relevant to your interests/needs.
You can however allow cookies from specific websites by making them “Trusted websites”. Please refer to your internet browser provider for further guidance. Please note that if you use multiple internet browsers/computers/mobile devices, you will need to update your preferences on each device in order to disable cookies completely should you wish to do so.
You can delete any existing cookies from your browser, and if you completely disable cookies, we will not gather any further information, but we may still use information collected in the past.
Address: Data Protection Officer, Parcel Connect Limited t/a Fastway Couriers (Ireland), Unit 4 Ballymount Cross Industrial Estate, Ballymount Road Lower, Dublin 24, Ireland, D24 PX98
This policy was last updated on: 22/02/2021