Ballymount Depot Manager
Fastway Couriers is in a period of unprecedented growth and as such, we have an immediate need to secure an experienced Depot Manager, for our Ballymount Depot, on a full-time basis, rostered 5 days a week. Important to note, the successful candidates' hours of operation will vary, but in general will be between 07:00 – 19:00. Peak Volume will require a second shift and these hours will differ during our peak period. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in leading and managing a strong team along with extensive experience in all aspects of managing a very busy depot within logistics. This opportunity will see you join an exceptional team where every day brings unique and exciting new challenges and opportunities.
What we're looking for
Reporting to the General Manager / Regional Franchisor Dublin , we’re looking to secure an experienced Depot Manager, for our Ballymount Depot. The successful candidate will manage all depot / warehouse resources to always ensure adequate availability to facilitate the effective running of the depot / warehouse to the required highest standard. He/she will need to be experienced working in a fast-paced environment, have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, excellent coordination, and communication skills, and be comfortable working with people across all levels of the organisation. This is a critical position and will involve cross-team coordination, effective management of administration duties, working with relevant teams to ensure warehouse / depot is fully compliant with Health & Safety Regulations and Covied-19 protocols plus company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities for the role includes:
- Loading / Unloading of freight into the van
- To manage all warehouse resources to always ensure adequate availability to facilitate the effective running of the warehouse to the required highest standard.
- Coordinate all warehouse shift activities (days, evenings, nights) in line with set targets and KPIs, to ensure effective cost control.
- Assist in identifying training and development needs of staff in line with business objectives.
- Utilise resources to maximise efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Lead the warehouse team to deliver a best-in-class service to our customers in line with the business objectives.
- Manage and ensure adherence and compliance of operational processes within the business Ensure effective communication within the operational teams and implement practices which will ensure the engagement of employees in line with the company values.
- Maintain a working environment in line with legislation to include Health & Safety & Quality Assurance.
- Ensure excellent levels of service and quality to customers.
- To manage and lead the team to ensure that they have the skill sets, resources and support needed to deliver in their role and achieve objectives, and that they operate in a manner consistent with the ethos and values of the organisation.
- To monitor operations systems to ensure that the warehouse processes and integrity are always maintained.
- Ensure staff carry out their duties in accordance with procedures.
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of the warehouse and ensure vehicles keep to effective warehouse times.
- Implement new ways of working for the best practice utilisation of people and resources available to you in order to provide best in class customer satisfaction both internal and external.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety processes are fully complied with.
- Ensure that all Quality Standards are fully complied with.
- Lead and motivate all employees by managing and monitoring all employee matters such as job objectives, appraisals and reviews to best practice agreed standards.
- Conduct team briefs to foster and promote good communications across the team and the Depot in general.
- Implement best in class holiday and resource planning to maximise work efficiency.
- Build an effective team to deliver operational plans in line with performance targets.
- Be prepared to carry out any specific project work as required.
You must have a full clean Driver’s Licence, with fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work on time, while managing and prioritise own workload.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure implementation within the required deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, experience communicating and building relationships with stakeholders.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communications skills to help drive performance and change.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient on computers (Excel, Word, Reporting).
- Previous Managerial/Supervisory experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to respond positively to changing demands.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Safety, Policy and Procedure Mindset and Awareness.
- Knowledge of Dublin and surrounding areas and counties.
This opportunity offers competitive rates, in a friendly, fast-paced environment.